Saturday, January 19, 2008

house warming

was invited to my cousin's new house warming dinner last Sunday. went over with my parents. for Kuching standard, the house is located very far from downtown. I'm not sure of the location name, but the residential area is called Semamba Park. it took about 45 minutes to get there from my house, which is only 15 minutes from Kuching city centre, so if adding that up during a typical work day traffic jam... well, it's gonna be one hell of a bumper to bumper more-than-an-hour snail ride to get to work and to go home...


the house is a corner terrace, so it's quite big. RM300,000. plus extension of the kitchen area and some renovation work, an additional RM120,000. For me, IF I were to spend RM420,000 on a new house, I'd probably be able to get an intermediate terrace of similar size (without having the extension/renovation work) 20 minutes from the city center. I'd rather spend that range of money on a place closer to town than spending it like how my cousin & the husband did.


the food was served buffet style - got Pork leg, fried prawns, Kah-Chang-Mah, fried chicken, noodles, fried rice, fish fillet and mixed vege. there were more than enough food for everyone.

No comments: