Friday, January 25, 2008

another compulsive purchase - new specs for CNY...

Jo wanted to get herself a new pair of glasses... so off we went to Wisma Hopoh to check out new stocks at Optical City. It is opened by the same taukeh friend of mine (AB Optics) where I last bought my ZeroX shades and the Valentino Rudy Titanium specs.


more futuristic design, and the shop is actually bigger that AB Optic on the other side...


I actually only wanted to buy new contact lens as I've already ran out of contact lens to use. wanted to get those use-for-one-day contacts as I don't use them daily, and usually only during functions, swimming or whenever I feel like wearing sunglasses when I'm out. I was recommended this FreshKon brand, and bought 2 boxes for RM100.


then while waiting for the lady to pick through the many different style of specs thrown to her by the 2 helpful salesgirls, I wandered to the other side of the shop with the taukeh, and then was shown a few Quiksilver specs, which after I've tried them out, decided to buy it (picture above).

after special discounts from the taukeh, the price is still quite high - RM400 as the spec is of frame-less design, and high index multi-coated lens have to be used instead of the normal ones. got my eyes checked too, and my short sight optical power increased by -0.5 while my Astigmatism (
散光) decreased by 50 degrees. also, I got the lens of the Valentino Rudy Titanium changed as well for RM60 to suit the new readings of my eyes.

and when all was done, the lady still couldn't decide on which one to buy... -_____-''...
went for a ciggie break with the taukeh, came back, waited for another 20 minutes before she finally decided on which one to buy
and got her eyes checked.

That's partly the reason why we arrived at Hilton Steak House at about 8pm instead of 730pm as planned...


No comments: