Friday, January 11, 2008

Last Day of 2007


I was still on leave on December 31, 2007... so had brunch with Alex at this new road side kopitiam *forgot name* after the Simpang Tiga flyover. Ordered Kopi-Peng and this Otak-otak toast. Turned out pretty good for both my orders, and the place was quite cool due to the constant breeze...


Then at night, I kena "left aeroplane" (放飞机) by 3 parties of ppl who were telling me earlier that they wanted to go out to sort-of celebrate the 2008 countdown and asked me to join (I was wondering how am I suppose to show up at 3 different locations if I were to say OKAY to all the invites).

However, it turned out that
Hedo can't make it early as she got dinner with family till late, Cow didn't call me *forgot what his reasonings were*, and Ah Nong ended up at DB (which I didn't wanna go) rather than the earlier said SOHO...

I actually decided to just stay home for the night and was watching some TV shows when Jo called, saying that her supposed party with her friends was postponed till later (what kindda party was that I dunno lah, as it was already 10pm+, and all party goers should have been out already). She asked me to hangout at FEVER because it was FEVER's last night operating at Jalan Bukit Mata Kucing as the taukeh - Willie is having it relocated to a to-be-announced location.

It started to rain after we reach FEVER, and then it turned into this downpour which didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. We were given free party packs each, thanks to Willie. Despite the rain, the atmosphere was good, and the live band at FEVER really had the crowd pumping and grooving to their music - both classic love songs and the newer raps. We had 2 beers each until it was almost 2008 when she needed to cabutz to Hilton's Senso while I joined Hedo and BF at the Majestic Cafe, Crown Plaza.


It was still raining like no tomorrow after midnight. We were hungry, so decided to go grab some food at those 24 hours kopitiams at Jalan Song. All the way from downtown, my car went through at least half a dozen flooded roads before reaching Jalan Song... imagine the volume of rain water that night...

Sat at the kopitiam until about 230am, watching them kopitiam workers playing street soccer in the rain with chairs lined up as goal posts while hoping for the rain to stop... but gave in to the idea and ran back to our cars and headed home for a good night's snooze...

No comments: