Monday, May 28, 2007

car repair (Part II)

I drove over to one of the Proton Service Centres to ask for another opinion on the squeaking sound of the engine, and the taukeh told me it should be the beltings that were creating all the noise as the two belts were quite worn out, and oily as well. (yea, my car's mileage is now close to 100,000KMs, and the belts have never been changed yet...)

I said go ahead and change it. waited for about 45 minutes for the mechanic to change the belts and clean up the mechanical parts.


took out the engine belting...


the second of the 2 beltings taken out...

Then Walahh!!... started the engine, and it was purring ever so smoothly again... no more irritating squeaks...

paid the RM180, and plus the RM250 I paid for the engine and transmission oil change the other day, this drive of mine just swallowed RM430 of my hard earn money in 2 workshop visits... darn!!!

No comments: