Friday, November 17, 2006

my flight back to Kuching and ciggie review

I got to know this old man while I was at the departure hall waiting for my flight back to Kuching at LCCT last week. very friendly old man, so we chatted throughout our wait, and sat together during the flight.


while we were walking towards the immigration counter upon arrival, he walked into the duty free shop, got a bottle of Hennessy Cognac and put it on the counter. I was like WTF?? I thought domestic travelers are not allowed to buy duty free stuff??

I walked over and asked him. He told me: "aiya... can one... I do this all the time." so I told him I wanted to buy a carton of ciggie... and he just told me to go ahead take one. quickly I went over and grab a carton of Feng, put it on the counter.

now here's the trick. Feng is retailed at Rm53, so he told me to pay RM56 instead. yeap, that's it... just by paying Rm3 more, you could walk out of Kuching International Airport with one or two cartons of duty free ciggies despite you're flying domestic. Add another Rm5 to the retail price and you take out a bottle of Hennesy Cognac or any other liquor... hohohoh...

guess what I did, I told the counter girl to remember me so that I could do the same next time. She smiled back. :)


Feng... definitely good stuff...

Feng is a Japanese brand. very good stuff I tell you... that's why even at duty free, it's selling at RM53/carton compared to Dunhill/Marlboro which are only priced at RM40+/carton.

the packaging speaks for itself... very nicely done, and gives out this exclusive feel. the ciggie burns extremely well, the taste is pretty smooth, and stronger than our typical Dunhill Lights. too bad I'm left with my last pack... and I don't feel like opening it...

I'm going to KL soon... hehehehe...

No comments: