Tuesday, May 06, 2008

buffet overdose...

The past 10 days had been filled with quite some happenings, and out of the 10 days, I went for 4 different buffet dinners... and frankly I'm tired of buffets, despite them being prepared by 5-star hotels...


Hilton's Japanese Buffet...


the salad bar... mix the stuff of your choice...


chocolate fountain... for those with sweet tooth...


the friendly chef who actually pose for the photo... should try his grilled lobsters... dem good... :)


mussels, typical sashimis, teriyaki chicken, smoked salmon... they were all good...


chawanmushi, fried Japanese chicken, grilled fish, unagi, and octopus cocktails...


this shot was taken at the Majestic Cafe, Crown Plaza when celebrating Hedo's birthday...
the queue at the sushi bar was agonizingly long for the entire buffet period... I bet the chef went home with cramped fingers...

I had enough of sashimis at Hilton already, so I didn't bother to wait it out at the queue, which was somewhat pathetic seeing so many kiasu ppl queuing up (at least 20 minutes before it's your turn) just for some sashimis, or sushis, or those California rolls... imagine a high-class school canteen serving Jap food...


our dining experience was somewhat a disappointment too as the table of 5 that I reserved more than a week ago was taken by some other diners, and the managers on duty directed us to a table that only seats 4 people, ask us to wait till our tables were cleared, sommore at the non-smoking area despite me telling the bugger that I have booked a table at the smoking area... wtf?!!? helo~~ you call yourself a 5-star hotel with this kindda fucked-up service kahh??

I was pissed, and after more than half an hour waiting for the table that I reserved, I just lighted up there and then, followed by Hedo & Hing... 15 minutes later, they promptly set-up an extra table of 4 to accommodate the 5 of us at the smoking area... haihh...

I think the management purposely overbook the place and still they accept walk-in diners , thus causing many diners who have made reservations to wait or seated at non-smoking area instead of their preferred smoking area (or vice versa).


this picture of assorted Sashimi was the one served at Hilton's Northern Indian Buffet on Wednesday night when I went there for dinner with Jo... as good if not better than the ones served at the Jap Buffet of Crown Plaza on Saturday...


Hilton's Mediterranean Buffet on Monday night (my Dad's birthday)... also got serve Japanese food wad... and the variety & quality of the dishes served at Hilton out-shown those of Crown Plaza's...


the different types of cheese cakes I took last night...


one of the many comical shots of Niny on Saturday night...
verdict: she enjoys being tortured/bullied.... -_____-''

No comments: