Tuesday, September 06, 2005

something new in my shopping list...

went into the Sony showroom to look at this new Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T5 model after it caught my eyes when I was browsing through today's morning papers...


There were 4 colours to choose from (see picture below), and I particularly love the black one...


silver, black, gold and red...

the T5 appeals much to me as it offers a whooping 2.5" LCD display, shoots decent pictures via its 5.1 megapixel Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens and it is compact & thin enough for me to bring it along all the time...


it is priced at RM1,469.00, and I could purchase it via a 12-months installment plan (that means I'd have to pay approximately RM122.50 per month... quite reasonable I think...) using a Standard Chartered credit card, and I think I'll apply one soon... as the bank is currently having a promotion for its credit cards which have imprints of Looney Tunes characters (Bugs Buny, Tweety Bird & Tazmania Devil) as well as Batman.

If you're interested to know more about the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T5, click for the review here.


*just some thought....*

some people like bigger cameras, claiming that the bigger ones capture better quality pictures, offers better options and that they could upgrade the lenses and bla bla bla never ending reasons for buying the bulkier cameras... but sometimes I wonder if they actually knew and make full use of the funtions and configurations of their cameras... because at the end of the day, I notice that most of them just set their cameras to "Auto" mode and start snapping away regardless of the lightings, angles and conditions...

just like handphones... lots of people nowadays tend to upgrade their handphones from time to time... insisting to buy phones with the latest megapixel camera + flash, huge memory capabilities with expansion slots, high resolution TFT displays, PDA functionalities, 3G, Bluetooth, EDGE, MMS, EMS and GPRS functions enabled bla bla bla... but in actual fact, what they forget is that 90% of the time when they flash out their fully loaded expensive handphones, what they would mostly do are just answering/making calls and sms-ing... so think about it... why spend all those money on a fancy handphone when all you need is basic functionalities??

4 comments:

nonxtopic said...

hey. would like to know which one is better dig camera..with best performance. around Rm10000-RM2000. NO blur pic, and can take nice shoot at night?
don't know what to choose. i'm interested in that panasonic lumix zero shaking, i think. where i can get a gd review? tq

dreckker said...

you could search for reviews at www.cnet.com

Anonymous said...

engadget was really praising the Lumix's anti-shake as a "real" feature.

the site also made a good point that the average person does not use 80% of a camera's features, that he called "pseudo features" that really don't do much.

In any case, I was going to get the T7 (predecessor of T5), but it was revealed by actual users that the battery life is very short, and it takes up to 7 seconds (an infinity, if you want to quickly re-take a shot) for the flash to recharge!

This was not stated in any of the "professional" reviews.

Chen said...

kakakak... I do agree with u :)

I don't waste money on handphone as well cos what I need is basically making & receiving calls & SMS only.. Other functions I hardly used.. ;)